CARSON CITY, NV - After being closed over two and a half months due to the coronovirus pandemic, the Second Wind Thrift Store will reopen on Tuesday, June 2nd. Everything that you have come to enjoy about shopping at Second Wind will be the same including the great customer service and unmatched treasures. What has changed are some restrictions due to the governor's directive regarding retail stores and our abundance of caution for many of our customers. Please note below the changes when you come shopping for the foreseeable future:
- Face coverings are required for employees, volunteers and all customers.
- Limit of 6 customers in the store at a time. All customers to maintain 6 foot social distancing.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the register.
- No access to public restrooms or fitting rooms.
- Pick-up of donations must be at the curb (staff not allowed to enter your home).
- Donated items to be quarantined for three days before being put on the sales floor.
- New hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
Proceeds from the Second Wind Thrift Store support Meals on Wheels in Carson City as well as senior independence through operations at the Carson City Senior Center. The Second Wind Thrift Store is located at 901 Beverly Drive, Carson City. Go here for the Second Wind Thrift Store webpage and here to follow the store on Facebook.
About the Carson City Senior Center
The mission of the Carson City Senior Center is to enhance the quality of life and independence of seniors. Through congregate dining and Meals on Wheels, the Carson City Senior Center serves hundreds of local seniors. The Center also provides health and fitness education and activities, craft and hobby groups, card and board games and many other services including help with prescriptions, durable medical equipment, tax preparation and many others.
Carson City Senior Center
Courtney Warner, Director