POSITION TITLE: Dining Room Coordinator (hiring for this position is currently on hold due to circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic)
POSITION HOURS: Part-time position, Monday-Friday, 9:00-2:00pm; Employee must be willing to work additional shifts including weekends, special events and holidays, as requested.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate all functions of the Congregate Lunch front of the house providing exceptional customer service and training assigned volunteers.
SUPERVISOR: Kitchen Manager
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: No employees; supervision of assigned volunteers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The following are required: Ability to lift and carry heavy stock items and equipment of 50 lbs., maneuver and lift chairs, tables and other equipment as needed for facility set-up, push carts, operate standard commercial cooking and cleaning equipment, stand for long periods of time, use a computer, vision to read printed materials and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Ability to manage all of the responsibilities of the front of the house; assure that the facility remains clean, sanitized and within the regulations of all regulating offices; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all staff members, volunteers, seniors and all others that you come into contact with at the center; ability to speak in front of large crowds; ability to skillfully operate a computer.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate the daily Congregate Lunch with the duties of the front of the house.
• Schedule volunteers for daily assignment of duties.
• Stock and organize beverage stations and carts, utensils, and other supplies needed.
• Prepare coffee, tea, and other served beverages.
• Greeting, seating, and/or touring participants
• Clear tables and wipe down areas.
• Provide exceptional customer service resolving participant issues, concerns, or questions with poise, eloquence, and courtesy.
• Organize multiple schedules for projects, programs and special events, including holiday lunches and parties. Schedule entertainment.
• Oversee and assist in the set up of dining room for special events.
• Supply coffee or water for activities as per schedule.
• Operate as the person in charge of the dining room resolving issues and handling medical or other urgent incidents.
• Decorate the dining room for holidays and special occasions (walls and ceiling), organize events, games, 50/50 raffle and prepare for Birthday Friday. Take photos of events as needed or requested for Center publications, website and/or social media.
• Keep the dining room clean, sanitized and safe. Report any repair issues (including tables, chairs, walls, etc.). This includes the galley area (cupboards, drain, walls, etc.)
• Coordinate training of volunteers as required by governing agencies.
• Complete training as required by governing agencies.
• Cross train with the Kitchen and fill-in as assigned.
• Identify and train lead volunteers to manage Dining Room in Coordinator’s absence.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: A valid drivers’ license; current Food Worker’s card issued by the state of Nevada or the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment and renewed before expiration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This is an at-will employment and as such, may be terminated at any time for any reason, or no reason.
• The employee will have a 90 day probationary period.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.