POSITION TITLE: Assistant Cook - Prep
SALARY RANGE: $10.40/hour
POSITION HOURS: Approximately - 3-5 hours/day, mornings, 5 days/week (schedule to be determined by Kitchen Manager and may vary).
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist Kitchen Manager in preparing daily meals, manages kitchen in the absence of the Kitchen Manager and Assistant Kitchen Manager.
BENEFITS: Annual and sick leave, paid holidays and workers’ compensation
SUPERVISOR: Kitchen Manager
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of the operations of a commercial kitchen and equipment. Must be able to read printed materials and be able to communicate with the staff. Pass Food Handler Safety Test within the first 30 days of employment. May be required to take and pass the ServSafe test.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 70lbs. Ability to safely run commercial kitchen equipment. Maneuver and lift chairs, tables and other equipment as needed for facility set-up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with various positions in the kitchen as instructed by Kitchen Manager (proper preparation, cooking and storage of food)
• Prepare meals in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
• Assist in training people on the operations of the kitchen
• Assist in packaging MOW lunches and serving dining room lunches
• Prepare MOW meals for freezing
• Keep all the areas you are working in clean and sanitized. This includes sweeping and mopping the floors
• Assist in putting away all deliveries and supplies from vendors
• Assist the dishwasher, if necessary
• Must be able to operate the kitchen equipment properly and in a safe manner
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Ability to understand and follow instructions on cleaning supplies. Understand and follow Servsafe guidelines for safety and sanitation. Ability to properly and safely operate slicers, mixer, kettles, ovens, warmers and other kitchen equipment. Read and understand MSDS on all chemicals used in the kitchen.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• This is an at-will employment and as such, may be terminated at any time for any reason, or no reason.
• The employee will have a 90 day probationary period.
• Employee must be willing to work overtime, weekends, special events, and holidays if required.
• If this position is assuming all duties and responsibilities of the Kitchen Manager during a leave of absence, this position may receive a pay differential up to $15.00 per hour in the absence of the Kitchen Manager and Assistant Kitchen Manager for three or more consecutive days.
This job description indicates, in general, the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.