POSITION TITLE: Kitchen Aide
SALARY RANGE: Starting at $10.00/hour
POSITION HOURS: Approximately 7 hours/day, 7am – 1:30pm, Monday - Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: Prep and serve food, assist dishwasher
SUPERVISOR: Kitchen Manager
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with various positions in the kitchen as instructed by Kitchen Manager (proper preparation, cooking and storage of food)
• Assist in assembling Meals on Wheels (MOW) meals and the dining room lunches
• Prepare MOW meals for freezing
• Keep all the areas you are working in clean and sanitized. This includes sweeping and mopping the floors
• Assist in putting away all groceries and supplies from vendors
• Assist the dishwasher after the lunchroom has been served
• Must be able to operate the kitchen equipment properly and in a safe manner
SKILLS REQUIRED: Knowledge of the operations of a commercial kitchen and equipment. Must be able to read printed materials and be able to communicate with the staff, coworkers and patrons. Pass Food Handler Safety Test within the first 30 days of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires adequate mobility to function in kitchen setting and operate commercial kitchen equipment. Ability to lift 70 lbs. Maneuver and lift chairs, tables and other equipment as needed for facility set-up/breakdown.
This position announcement lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent may be expected to perform additional job-related duties and may be required to have or develop additional specific job-related knowledge and skills
Employees may be required to submit to a background check, fingerprinting or drug testing.
Employee must be willing to work overtime, weekends, special events and holidays, if required.
This is a brief job description and may not include every aspect of this job.
Employees in this position have a 90 days probationary period.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.