Meals on Wheels Driver (apply online at indeed.com)
Part-time position, up to (approximately) 20-25 hours week, Monday - Friday, approximately 9am - 2pm
POSITION SUMMARY: Deliver meals to home-bound seniors
SUPERVISOR: Elder Resource Advocate
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: None
- Counting out meals/milks according to route provided by MOW Coordinator
- Loading and driving the MOW delivery truck on the prescribed route
- Delivering the meals to the appropriate clients
- Maintain the required paperwork accurately
- Following established procedures related job
- Filling vehicle with gasoline and performing a basic safety check on vehicle according to checklist
- Keeping vehicle clean and orderly
- Report any irregularities of vehicle to supervisor
- Report to Social Work Program Manager or MOW Coordinator if client is not home to receive meal
- Observe client's appearance and appearance of home and report any concerns to Social Work Program Manager or MOW Coordinator
- Perform other duties as requested
SKILLS REQUIRED: Must be able to operate a motor vehicle in a safe fashion, accurately count and balance route sheets, get along well with co-workers, interact with senior citizens, handle emergent situations in a calm manner, and have good verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires adequate mobility to get in and out of a vehicle repetitively, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and stamina to deliver to multiple residences during periods of extreme weather. It also requires vision to be able to read printed material, and hearing and speech to communicate in person to clients with varying degrees of impairment.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have a valid Nevada driver's license, must provide a copy of their driving record upon hiring, and must be able to pass a background check.
This position announcement lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. The incumbent may be expected to perform additional job-related duties and may be required to have or develop additional specific job-related knowledge and skills.
Employees may be required to submit to a background check, fingerprinting or drug testing.
Employee must be willing to work overtime, weekends, special events and holidays, if required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Paid time off